Monday, October 12, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

This Saturday, beginning at 5am, I am participating in my first ever 24 hour readathon. I am ridiculously excited about this. 

What is a readathon you ask? A readathon is a time set aside specifically for reading. What's the point? Um...the point is that I have an excuse to read for 24 hours without interruption. Am I planning to stay up all night and actually read for 24 hours? Yes, that is the plan. I have a stack of books as well as a couple audio books loaded on my ipod so I can go out and take a walk and stretch my legs. I have been researching what foods to eat to stay awake and alert. I have been reading blogs about other prepping tips. I am in nerd heaven preparing for this. 

I will be updating my blog periodically throughout the day with the amount of pages read, books read, etc. Feel free to check in and cheer me on, gather reading suggestions, and/or make fun of me. And if you feel like joining me in my reading journey you can sign up here: http://www.24hourreadathon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment