Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Little Bit About Me...

It seems to me, since I’m putting myself out there for anyone and everyone to see, a good place to start would be to tell you a little about myself. You know, just a few basics. So here goes…

I love focusing on others – how they’ve wronged me, how they’ve hurt me, how they never talk to me anymore, how they don’t really appreciate or value my friendship…

I throw the BEST parties – rarely a day goes by that I don’t throw one in fact, and let me tell you, my pity parties often go on for weeks!

I love building others up – so and so is the BIGGEST jerk, he is the most arrogant person, she has more issues than anyone else I know…

Okay, are you starting to get the point?

In short, I am human. I have a sin nature. I am utterly depraved and there is nothing good in me. I am selfish, lazy, prideful, and judgmental. I struggle with jealousy and depression on a daily basis. I hate sharing. I hate not being in control of everything and everyone around me. I say mean and unloving things to people I love. I think thoughts that are millions of times worse than the horrific things that come out of my mouth. I have hurt those closest to me more times than I care to remember.

I am desperately wicked.

But there’s one more thing you have to know about me.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”  II Corinthians 5:17

I am that new creation. I am a child of the King and because of that I have hope. I have hope that I can day by day and moment by moment choose to not be that selfish, lazy, prideful person. I have hope because I know God is at work in me, slowly weeding out all the filth that has built up in my life. I have hope because He promises to finish what He started in my life.

Is it a struggle? YES!!! Are there things that I don’t want to let Him get rid of? YES!!!  Are there days I fail? Most definitely YES!!! Is it a painful process? Some days it’s excruciating! Is it worth it? YES!!! Little by little I am becoming the woman God created me to be and that is definitely worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a great writer. You speak in a way that really makes me think. I love you Friend and I can't wait to hear all that you will share with us!

    ReplyDelete