Saturday, September 8, 2012

Daddy's Girl

I freely admit it - I am a daddy's girl. I love my daddy and I love spending time with him. Some of my favorite memories growing up were made with my dad - Saturday trips to the dump (always including a reminder NOT to fall in), singing while riding bikes (and honking our horns in rhythm, of course), late nights trying to outwit each other playing board games, and many, many rounds of mini golf (these last two still happen fairly regularly). And we still go on dates!

Today, dad had a couple errands to run in Portland and I had nothing to do so I tagged along. We completed our scheduled tasks and then proceeded to Geocache, which led us to a little fruit stand where we picked up fresh Oregon strawberries (so good!). Lunch at sonic and a few more quick errands on the way home and, like magic, a day of tedious tasks becomes another day full of great memories.

Often girls say to me, "I wish MY dad would take me on dates." Have you asked him? He'd probably love to!


No comments:

Post a Comment