Friday, September 7, 2012

Friendship

I was thinking about friends today. I have a best friend and about 5 others I would count as my closest friends (excluding family). Each of these people have come into my life in a different way. Some come from that moment in your life when you say, "Hey, let's be best friends!" and you are. Some have just always been there and we have so many shared memories and experiences that to not be their friend would just not be right and would leave a huge gap in your life. Some you connect with the moment you meet them and after a day or two, not being their friend would feel just as strange as those whom you have known your whole life. Some you have a lot in common with and so a friendship naturally develops. But however they have come into my life and how long or short a time they have been there they have all taught me things and blessed me in so many ways, most of which I probably won't fully grasp until heaven.

I'm so grateful that God did not intend for us to walk through this life alone. That He gave us people to encourage us, challenge us, make us laugh, pray for us and with us, and to just be there. I need people in my life, even when I outwardly deny that fact it still holds true. So to all my true friends out there, please don't give up on me yet. I know i fail and I know I'm grumpy and not always fun to be around. Thanks for loving me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment